CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¾ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a casserole dish.
- Arrange sliced potatoes in the casserole dish; season with salt.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour until a paste forms. Pour in milk gradually, stirring constantly, until a thick white sauce forms, about 5 minutes. Stir in cheese and remove from heat. Pour sauce over the potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are cooked through and tops are lightly browned, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289.1 calories, Carbohydrate 42.8 g, Cholesterol 27.5 mg, Fat 9 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 10.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 866.2 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
Top Asked Questions
- Also be sure to peel the potatoes as well because their skin is tough. This cheesy scalloped potato recipe is made in the oven, made with Russet potatoes and you can use milk or heavy cream in the cheese sauce. These cheesy scalloped potatoes are certainly great for a crowd and makes enough for 8-10 people.
- These scrumptious Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes will have you coming back for seconds. Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange one-third of potato slices in bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle potatoes with ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and ¼ cup each Parmesan and Cheddar.
- If you are a potato lover, scalloped potatoes with cheese are just delicious, in every way. Whether you include bacon or ham, or any other cooked meat, this is the best easy scalloped potatoes recipe and the only one you will ever need.
- This scalloped potatoes recipe is a traditional recipe that can be prepped the night before serving. Creamy with a cheesy topping, scalloped potatoes can easily play side dishto almost any main course.
A creamy garlic hit, a perfect dip for steamed spring vegetables
Provided by Good Food team
Golden ladyfingers frame the luscious custard filling of this lovely frozen dessert from Mrs. J.H. Carroll of Ottawa, Ontario. Everyone will enjoy the...
Provided by Taste of Home
Wait for the oohs and aahs when you present this luxurious lemon cheesecake recipe. The lemon flavor gives it a bright, tangy flavor. -Margaret Allen,...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
As a kid I begged my mom to make chicken and dumplings all the time. Now I swear by this simple recipe too!
Provided by Zen K.
This warming stew is spiced with cinnamon and cumin, and sweetened with apricots and dates - perfect with fluffy couscous
Provided by Justine Pattison
Bademjoon, sometimes spelled bademjan, is a quintessential summer dish in Iran, and it was a childhood favorite of mine. Fresh lemon juice and ghooreh,...
Provided by Samin Nosrat
Use this homemade granola as a topping for yogurt, enjoy it as a cereal with milk, or simply snack as is. It's easy to make and is more economical than...
Provided by Martha Stewart
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
These warm, buttery rolls only take a little hands-on prep (the yeast does all the work), kids love to help shape them, and they fill the house with a...
Provided by Martha Stewart
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
When it comes to comfort food, nothing tops mac 'n' cheese, especially Martha's easy-to-make version.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Greek Chicken Pasta Salad. The perfect summer salad. Begin by cooking pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Season chicken with garlic...
Provided by @MakeItYours
"When a potluck's coming up, people always ask me to bring what they call 'that noodle salad you make'," smiles Lori Cole of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. "Based...
Provided by Taste of Home
STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix and chopped mushrooms help fill out a can of tuna to make these Cheesy Tuna Burgers.
Provided by My Food and Family
Wake up the flavor chicken with an easy orange glaze made from orange marmalade, mustard, orange juice and soy sauce. It's citrus delicious!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
One of my favorite recipes! The combination of paprika and mustard powder really offsets the sweetness of the orange juice. I tend to eyeball when cooking,...
Provided by tigerpaws
Provided by Food Network
This recipe is one of those easy ones with a wonderful taste. My husband asks often for it - And I comply! I serve it over a bed of rice with steamed frozen...
Provided by Scandigirl
People also searched
More about "best ever cheesy scalloped potatoes food"
CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SCALLOPED ...
5/5 (17)Total Time 1 hr 40 mins
BEST EVER SCALLOPED POTATOES – CREAMY, CHEESY, LOTS OF ...
5/5 (8)Total Time 2 hrs 45 minsCategory PotatoCalories 448 per serving
- In a large covered casserole dish spray entire dish with a cooking spray and then spread 1 entire can of Cream of Mushroom soup evenly on the bottom (best way I’ve found to prevent the potatoes from sticking & adds flavor).
- In a separate bowl mix 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup, the Sour Cream and 1 TSP of Dry Lipton Onion Soup Mix (added for the flavor of the seasonings which makes it extra tasty).
NEVER-FAIL SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
4.2/5 (134)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 215 per serving
- Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
5/5 (1)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanCalories 577 per serving
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch casserole dish with a little butter, or use nonstick spray.
- Saute for 4-6 minutes until the onion is translucent.While it's cooking, add 1 tablespoon kosher salt (use less if all you have is table salt), 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (this adds flavor not heat), and 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme.After sautéing for 4-6 minutes, add 5 cloves of smashed and minced garlic.
SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (854)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory PotatoCalories 288 per serving
CREAMY AU GRATIN POTATOES | ALLRECIPES
Ratings 5.9KCalories 499 per servingCategory Side Dish, Potato, Potatoes Au Gratin Recipes
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top with the onion slices, and add the remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour and salt, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute. Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened. Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds. Pour cheese over the potatoes, and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
HOW TO MAKE EASY SCALLOPED POTATOES | SCALLOPED …
5/5 (37)Author Food Network KitchenServings 4-6Category Side-Dish
- Add the sliced potatoes, heavy cream, whole milk, 2 tablespoons butter, garlic, thyme, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and the nutmeg to a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and almost cooked through but still hold their shape, about 5 minutes. (They should not be soft and falling apart.) Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the Gruyere and Parmesan, stirring gently to combine. Pour the potato mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake until the top is light golden brown and the potatoes are cooked through and tender, about 45 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
SCALLOPED POTATOES AND HAM WITH CHEESE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (23)Total Time 2 hrsCategory PorkCalories 399 per serving
- Make Basic White Sauce:Melt butter or margarine.Add flour and mix.Add chopped onions.Add milk and stir until mixture thickens.
THE BEST CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES
Ratings 12Calories 325 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Use a mandoline, sharp knife, or food processor to thinly slice your potatoes. Transfer all of the slices into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour heavy cream over the potatoes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Add in garlic, salt, nutmeg, and pepper. Toss together until cheese and seasonings are evenly dispersed.
THE BEST CREAMY SCALLOPED POTATOES OF YOUR LIFE! | THE ...
5/5 (6)Calories 528 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside. In a small saucepan melt 2 Tablespoons butter over medium heat and which in the flour, salt and pepper. Add the whipping cream and stir for about 2 minutes until it starts to thicken. Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Arrange half of the potatoes in the prepared casserole dish overlapping each other. Spread half of the sauce on top followed by 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat with another layer of potatoes and sauce topped with mozzarella cheese and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 25-30 minutes more until the potatoes are fork tender and the top is starting to brown. Sprinkle with chives before serving.
THE BEST CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLES | TASTE OF HOME
Author Rashanda Cobbins
SLOW COOKER CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES - DAMN DELICIOUS
4.8/5 (22)Category FallServings 8Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CLASSIC SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE | CANADIAN LIVING
10 BEST SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
20 BEST SCALLOPED POTATO RECIPES | COMFORTING POTATO ...
THE BEST SCALLOPED POTATOES - CHEESY, CREAMY, RICH POTATO ...
Ratings 19Calories 576 per servingCategory Side Dish
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayo, heavy cream, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Slice potatoes very thin. (You can use a mandoline slicer just remember to be very careful and watch your fingers.)
CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES - 5* TRENDING RECIPES WITH VIDEOS
Estimated Reading Time 1 minPublished 2018-12-24
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In another large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in flour and cook for another minute. Whisk in cream and chicken broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Peel potatoes and thinly slice each potato crosswise into thin coins. (A mandolin would work great here.)
- Spoon a thin layer of sauce into the bottom of a large casserole dish. Add a single layer of potatoes on top. Spoon more sauce over the potatoes and top with cheese and bacon.
- Bake until the sauce is bubbly and the potatoes are very tender, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Let rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.
AU GRATIN POTATOES - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - VEGETABLES
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory SidesCalories 361 per serving
THE ULTIMATE CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE | BROMA BAKERY
4/5 (1)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan with two tablespoons Vermont Creamery Cultured Butter with Sea Salt, making sure you get all the corners so the potatoes don’t stick.
- Using a sharp knife or mandolin, finely slice the potatoes to about a 1/16th of an inch or as thinly as you can.
- In a large saucepan over medium low heat, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of cultured butter. Once melted, whisk in flour, stirring to combine. Allow to cook for one minute, then whisk in heavy cream and chicken stock, creating a bechamel. Cook for 3-5 minutes, whisking occasionally, until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat, stir in garlic and thyme, and allow to cool slightly.
- Place potatoes and half of the gruyere into a large bowl. Pour in bechamel and, using your hands, toss to combine, coating the potatoes evenly with sauce and cheese.
BAKED EASY CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES - KITCHEN DIVAS
Ratings 7Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 8 mins
CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES - OR WHATEVER YOU DO
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 55 minsCategory Side DishCalories 727 per serving
- Melt butter. Add flour and stir while cooking over low heat until golden brown. Add milk and seasonings. Stir until thickened. Reduce heat to low.
- Peel and slice potatoes into thin, even ovals. Layer into a greased or pammed casserole dish adding in a few cheese layers as you go. Pour sauce over potatoes. You may not need it all. Reserve extra for mac-n-cheese tomorrow. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top.
THE BEST SCALLOPED POTATOES EVER - THIRTY HANDMADE DAYS
5/5 (2)Calories 199 per servingCategory Side Dish
- In greased 9X13, place 1 layer of potatoes; top with ⅓ of cheese, ½ of ham, ⅓ liquid mixture, light salt and pepper.
THE BEST SCALLOPED POTATO RECIPE YOU'VE EVER HAD!
4.8/5 (40)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory Side DishCalories 357 per serving
- Heat up medium sized pot on medium to high heat. Once the pot is warm, melt in 1 tbs of butter. Then add garlic and onions. Saute for about 2 minutes and then add your flour, stirring constantly until well blended for about 1-2 more minutes making a roux.Next begin whisking and slowly incorperate your milk and chicken stock. Do not let your sauce come to a boil, reduce to low medium heat.Continue whisking and add in the parmesan cheese. Finally add your salt & pepper. Using your fingers, take the thyme off of the stems and add them to your sauce as well.
- Next layer your scalloped potatoes by adding one layer of your thinly sliced poatoes on a lightly butter pan. Then ladle 1/3 of your sauce mixture and lightly sprinkle with the sharp cheddar cheese. Repeart this step 3 times.Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes.Turn your oven to broil and let your cheese get nice and browned, about another 2-4 minutes.
THE BEST CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
5/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 55 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 378 per serving
- Add garlic; cook until fragrant. Whisk in flour; continue whisking 3-5 minutes., Whisk in milk; bring to a boil.
CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE | I AM BAKER
5/5 (43)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory Side DishCalories 346 per serving
BEST EVER CHEESY POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Beginner CookCalories 758 per serving
CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES (BETTER THAN GRANDMA'S) | KROLL ...
5/5 (10)Calories 284 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Peel the potatoes and thinly slice each potato crosswise into rounds about 1/8th inch thick. (A mandolin works wonders for this). Place potatoes in a large bowl and cover with cold water to prevent from browning. (This happens because of oxidation).
- In a medium size sauce pan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Then add in the onion and garlic. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg . Sweat the onions; Cook for 5-7 minutes or until onions start to glisten and look wet or “sweaty!”
RICH & CREAMY CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Side DishCalories 451 per serving
- In a medium sized sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add in the grated onions and cook until tender and soft.
- Add in the flour and stir until mixed throughout the butter. Stir for another minute, then whisk in the milk slowly, stirring with the whisk to ensure that there are no lumps.
OUR BEST SCALLOPED POTATO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Author Carl Hanson
THE BEST SCALLOPED POTATOES EVER! - RANTS FROM MY CRAZY ...
4.2/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Side DishCalories 422 per serving
CHEESE SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (8)Author Recipe from Emeril LagasseServings 4Category Side-Dish
BEST EVER SCALLOPED POTATOES - KATE BATTISTELLI
Servings 6Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsCategory Side Dish
BEST EVER CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPES
BEST FROZEN SCALLOPED POTATOES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE USING CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP ...
CAMPBELL'S CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - ALL ...
SOUTHWEST SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
TOP 10 PICKS BEST EVER SCALLOPED POTATOES FOR 2021 ...
CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES – THE BEST OF BRIDGE
TOP 20 CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - BEST RECIPES EVER
THE BEST-EVER CREAMY SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - HUBPAGES
TOP 10 BEST CHEESE FOR SCALLOPED POTATOES REVIEWS ...
CHEESY POTATOES,CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE,POTATOES ...
RECIPE FOR CHEESY POTATOES AU GRATIN - ALL INFORMATION ...
TOP 10 BEST CHEESE FOR SCALLOPED POTATOES REVIEWS IN 2021 ...
10 BEST SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE : REVIEWS & BUYING GUIDE ...