THE BEST MEATLOAF I'VE EVER MADE
When I was growing up, my mom never ever made meatloaf and I always wanted to try it - I finally tried it at a restaurant and loved it. When I moved out on my own I started experimenting with different recipes and creating my own version. I finally came up with the best meatloaf I have ever made, and I wanted to share it.
Provided by sillyliltracy
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 3 slices bread, toasted and crumbled
- 7 buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 ½ tablespoons sour cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion and garlic 5 minutes, until onion is tender. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix the onion and garlic, beef, crumbled bread, crushed crackers, egg, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 can tomato sauce. Gradually stir in the milk 1 teaspoon at a time until mixture is moist, but not soggy. Transfer the mixture to a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 40 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C), and continue baking 15 minutes, to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining tomato sauce and ketchup. Pour over the top of the meatloaf, and continue baking 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212.6 calories, Carbohydrate 8.7 g, Cholesterol 76.1 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 17.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 648.6 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
Top Asked Questions
What is the best meatloaf mix to make?A mixture of ground beef and pork sausage is ideal to produce a moist and delicious meal. The best meatloaf uses both ground beef and sausage in the recipe. However, if you choose to make meatloaf with a low-fat cut of meat (especially turkey or chicken) you must add more liquid to your base recipe.
What can you do with leftover meatloaf?Leftover meatloaf makes fantastic hearty sandwiches, too. Most meatloaf recipes include ground beef or a combination of ground meats. In this recipe, you’ll use beef, pork, and turkey. You could also use ground veal or ground chicken. It’s smart to use at least one meat that is a little higher in fat because it makes the meatloaf more flavorful.
How long does it take to make a meatloaf?Why you’ll love it: This is a classic meatloaf recipe that is pure comfort food! How long it takes: 2 hours, but most of it is hands-off. Equipment you’ll need: A loaf pan, a couple bowls, a food processor. An instant-read thermometer is helpful, too. Get the Recipe: Classic Meatloaf Recipe – the best!
What is the best way to cook a Meat Loaf?What to Do Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine beef, pork, onion, bread crumbs, eggs, 1/4 cup ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; mix well. Press mixture into prepared pan. In a small bowl, combine remaining ketchup and brown sugar; brush over meat loaf.
A creamy garlic hit, a perfect dip for steamed spring vegetables
Provided by Good Food team
Golden ladyfingers frame the luscious custard filling of this lovely frozen dessert from Mrs. J.H. Carroll of Ottawa, Ontario. Everyone will enjoy the...
Provided by Taste of Home
Wait for the oohs and aahs when you present this luxurious lemon cheesecake recipe. The lemon flavor gives it a bright, tangy flavor. -Margaret Allen,...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
As a kid I begged my mom to make chicken and dumplings all the time. Now I swear by this simple recipe too!
Provided by Zen K.
This warming stew is spiced with cinnamon and cumin, and sweetened with apricots and dates - perfect with fluffy couscous
Provided by Justine Pattison
Bademjoon, sometimes spelled bademjan, is a quintessential summer dish in Iran, and it was a childhood favorite of mine. Fresh lemon juice and ghooreh,...
Provided by Samin Nosrat
Use this homemade granola as a topping for yogurt, enjoy it as a cereal with milk, or simply snack as is. It's easy to make and is more economical than...
Provided by Martha Stewart
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
These warm, buttery rolls only take a little hands-on prep (the yeast does all the work), kids love to help shape them, and they fill the house with a...
Provided by Martha Stewart
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
When it comes to comfort food, nothing tops mac 'n' cheese, especially Martha's easy-to-make version.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Greek Chicken Pasta Salad. The perfect summer salad. Begin by cooking pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Season chicken with garlic...
Provided by @MakeItYours
"When a potluck's coming up, people always ask me to bring what they call 'that noodle salad you make'," smiles Lori Cole of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. "Based...
Provided by Taste of Home
STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix and chopped mushrooms help fill out a can of tuna to make these Cheesy Tuna Burgers.
Provided by My Food and Family
Wake up the flavor chicken with an easy orange glaze made from orange marmalade, mustard, orange juice and soy sauce. It's citrus delicious!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
One of my favorite recipes! The combination of paprika and mustard powder really offsets the sweetness of the orange juice. I tend to eyeball when cooking,...
Provided by tigerpaws
Provided by Food Network
This recipe is one of those easy ones with a wonderful taste. My husband asks often for it - And I comply! I serve it over a bed of rice with steamed frozen...
Provided by Scandigirl
People also searched
More about "best meatloaf recipes ground beef food"
THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE USING ONE POUND OF GROUND BEEF
4.4/5 (9)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 4Calories 448 per serving
- Add the ground beef, onion, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning and parsley. Mix until just combined. Do NOT over mix.
BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
Ratings 62Calories 342 per servingCategory Main Course
- Combine all the "Meatloaf" ingredients, in the order listed up to the bread crumbs. Stir well to combine, and after that add the milk and beaten egg. Stir just until combined.
- Combine all the Glaze ingredients in a small bowl until well combined and set aside. Brush about half of the glaze all over the meatloaf.
TOP RATED CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (235)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory One Dish MealCalories 589 per serving
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, egg, onion and tomato sauce.
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (103)Total Time 55 minsCategory MeatCalories 285 per serving
MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH THE BEST GLAZE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
5/5 Total Time 1 hrCategory EasyCalories 344 per serving
- Add meat to the loaf pan, gently press meat down and shape evenly and bake meatloaf at 375˚F for 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together for the sauce. Spread the sauce over meatloaf then return to oven and bake additional 15-20 minutes. Rest meatloaf 10 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with baking juices from the pan.
YASSS THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE (HIGHLY RATED RECIPE) …
Ratings 123Calories 472 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover the entire top and sides of a baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil. See notes. Fill a baking sheet or sheet pan with water and place it on the very bottom shelve in the oven. *See notes.
- Add the vegetable oil to a medium skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, enough add the onions and cook until softened about 6-8 minutes. A minute before the onions are done, add the garlic.
- Cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Remove the onions and garlic from the skillet and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- To a small bowl add the fresh breadcrumbs, eggs, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth. Mix gently. Let the breadcrumbs soak for 5 minutes.
MEATLOAF RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (532)Difficulty EasyCategory Main-DishSteps 7
- Pour the milk over the bread and allow it to soak in for several minutes. Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, salt, some pepper, seasoned salt and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the eggs. With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a foil-lined broiler pan, which will allow the fat from the meat to drain.
- Lay the bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf to give the meatloaf some support.
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE...JUST LIKE MOM USED TO MAKE. |THE ...
4.8/5 (202)Category DinnerCuisine Comfort FoodTotal Time 1 hr 35 mins
EASY MEATLOAF TO MAKE AT HOME | BEST MEAT LOAF RECIPE ...
5/5 (881)Difficulty EasyCategory Main-DishSteps 3
10 BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF GROUND BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST GROUND BEEF MEATLOAF RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST SIMPLE MEATLOAF GROUND BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
Ratings 13Calories 273 per servingCategory Main Course
- In a large bowl whisk together milk, BBQ sauce eggs, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
MEATLOAF (BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE EVER) - COOKED BY JULIE
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory EntreeCalories 468 per serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Let the ground beef sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- In a small skillet heat oil over medium-high heat and cook the onions for 3-4 minutes or until translucent. Stir in the garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, onion and garlic mixture, salt, pepper, eggs, crushed ritz crackers, whole milk, Italian seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. Don't overmix.
GRILLED MEATLOAF RECIPE, THE ULTIMATE COMFORT FOOD
4.3/5 (99)Servings 8Cuisine AmericanCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main Course
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the dry stuff for the crust. Add the remaining 1 cup of the dry stuff to the wet stuff and stir it together. Let it soak for a minute or two.
- Chop the onions, peppers, and sun dried tomatoes into small bits. Add the veggies to the big bowl. Chop the bacon into small bits and add that to the bowl along with the rest of the meat. Mix gently. Resist the temptation to overwork the mass and pack it tight. We don't need no stinkin' meat bricks. If it doesn't mix thoroughly, that's OK: bursts of flavor are fun. Form it into a cylinder about 3" in diameter. Yes, I know this sounds weird, but this tube shape will insure that it cooks evenly on all sides and it makes it easier to roll around on the grill to brown on all sides.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST MEATLOAF - MOIST & JUICY EVERY TIME
Servings 6Published 2021-09-17Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Choose your meat carefully. It is best to use a blend of meat in your recipe. A mixture of ground beef and pork sausage is ideal to produce a moist and delicious meal.
- Saute your veggies. Whatever vegetables that you choose to use, be sure to saute them in olive oil or butter before adding them to your meat mixture.
- Soak your breadcrumbs/oatmeal. The biggest debate when cooking meatloaf centers around breadcrumbs vs. oatmeal. The only thing that can be agreed upon is that a dry ingredient is needed to help bind the mixture.
- Don’t overmix! Most people prefer to mix the ingredients with their hands. It is just easier. Although this is a great method, most individuals tend to squeeze and mash the mixture together too much.
- Do NOT use a loaf pan. I grew up watching my parents make meatloaf and cooking it in the same loaf pan as we used when we made bread. It made total sense to me.
- Let it rest. After removing it from the oven, even the best meatloaf needs to rest. Simply cover it with foil and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes.
THE BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF - THE WHOLESOME DISH
5/5 Calories 164 per servingCategory Dinner, Entree, Main Course, Main Dish
- In a large bowl, add the beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, 2 tablespoons ketchup, worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Use your hands to mush and mix these ingredients together until well combined.*
- In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup ketchup, the brown sugar, and vinegar. Stir to combine. Pour the sauce on top of the meatloaf and spread it into an even layer.
GRANNY'S CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE AND VIDEO - SELF ...
Ratings 154Calories 383 per servingCategory Main Course
- Preheat oven or grill to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Melt butter in saute pan over medium heat. Cook onions until fragrant and slightly brown while stirring occasionally, about 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt and cooked onions and garlic. Use hands to mix well, but try not to over work the meat. Shape into loaf on parchment lined baking sheet. Use sharp knife to cut a criss cross pattern on top.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 40 minutes. While meatloaf is cooking, combine ketchup with mustard and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
EASIEST GROUND BEEF MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (2)Category MeatAuthor Don RicardoCalories 844 per serving
- Bake in a roaster for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature is 160 degrees F.
TRADITIONAL MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (146)Category MeatAuthor Don WrayCalories 304 per serving
OLD-FASHIONED SOUTHERN MEATLOAF RECIPE
Ratings 346Calories 638 per servingCategory Entree, Dinner
THIS SOUTHERN MEATLOAF RECIPE IS SURE TO BE A DINNER FAVORITE
Cuisine SouthernCategory Main DishServings 8Calories 396 per serving
MEATLOAF RECIPE (EXTRA DELICIOUS!) | RECIPE | RECIPES ...
5/5 (281)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 8
MEATLOAF RECIPES YOU NEED THIS FALL | CHEAPISM.COM
Author Lacey Muszynski
THE WORLD'S BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - DELISHABLY
Author Thomas ByersEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
THE FOOD LAB'S ALL-AMERICAN MEATLOAF RECIPE
4.4/5 (31)Total Time 2 hrsCategory MainsCalories 680 per serving
THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (71)Author Food Network KitchenServings 8Category Main-Dish
BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE 2022 ️ - JOJO RECIPES - FOOD MADE ...
4.9/5 Category Easy Dinners RecipesCuisine German FoodTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
CLASSIC WEEKNIGHT MEATLOAF RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE MEATLOAF
Cuisine AmericanCategory Weeknight Meals, DinnerServings 8-10Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
MOM'S BEST EASY MEATLOAF - GROUND BEEF RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 8Calories 419 per serving
MEAT LOAF | FOOD & WINE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
OUR BEST GROUND BEEF RECIPES | CANADIAN LIVING
10 BEST GROUND BEEF AND BACON MEATLOAF RECIPES | YUMMLY
FOOD WISHES VIDEO RECIPES: CLASSIC “ALL AMERICAN” MEATLOAF
82 THE BEST EVER MEATLOAF RECIPE IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES ...
MEATLOAF - WIKIPEDIA
MEATLOAF 2 LB GROUND BEEF RECIPES
PAULA DEEN'S BBQ MEATLOAF. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!! I MADE ...
BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS & BROWN GRAVY ...
BEEF MEATLOAF RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST GROUND LAMB AND BEEF MEATLOAF RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
INSPIRE SIMPLE RECIPES - EASY DIY & CRAFTS ABOUT | BEST ...
50 BEST GROUND BEEF RECIPES | WHAT TO MAKE WITH GROUND ...
40 BEST BEEF RECIPES - FOOD.COM
MEATLOAF WITH VEAL AND BEEF RECIPES
GRANDMA'S MEATLOAF RECIPE: A MOIST GROUND BEEF MEATLOAF ...
40 BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES | EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE IDEAS ...