DAWN'S CANDIED WALNUTS
- 1 pound walnut halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread nuts in a single layer over a baking sheet. Roast for approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until the nuts start to turn brown and the smell of roasting nuts fills the kitchen.
- Stir together sugar, cinnamon, salt, and milk in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, or until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage of 236 degrees F (113 degrees C). Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla immediately. .
- Add walnuts to sugar syrup, and stir to coat well. Spoon nuts onto waxed paper, and immediately separate nuts with a fork. Cool, and store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238.3 calories, Carbohydrate 16.9 g, Cholesterol 0.5 mg, Fat 18.6 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 39.3 mg, Sugar 13.5 g
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet for 10 minutes. Cool completely. Cook sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, swirling pan occasionally, until melted and medium amber. Add walnuts, and stir to coat. Spread onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with a Silpat baking mat, and toast for 10 minutes. Use 2 forks to separate nuts. Sprinkle with salt. Let cool completely.
Top Asked Questions
How to make walnut candied nuts?Firstly, add the walnuts, sugar, butter, and cinnamon to a nonstick pan over medium heat. Cook. Next, stir your candied walnuts ingredients constantly in the pan, until the sugar and butter are melted and coating the nuts. Usually, this will take about 3 to 5 minutes.
How much brown sugar do you put in candied walnuts?If you would like sweeter (more traditional) candied walnuts, you can increase the amount of brown sugar from 1/4 cup up to 1 cup. Use pecans instead. Walnuts and pecans are interchangeable here.
What is the best candy coating for walnuts?Walnuts: About 4 cups raw walnut halves (or chopped walnuts). Egg white: To bind the candy coating to the walnuts. Vanilla extract: Just a little for flavor! Brown sugar: I used packed brown sugar, but you could also sub in white (granulated) sugar or coconut sugar instead. Spices: Ground cinnamon plus a hint of cayenne.
How do you make caramelized walnuts?Add walnuts, sugar, butter, cinnamon and salt; stir to combine. Stir for 5 minutes or until sugar melts and becomes brown and sticky. Pour nuts onto parchment paper and immediately separate the nuts so they are not clumped. The caramelized sugar will harden very fast.
A creamy garlic hit, a perfect dip for steamed spring vegetables
Provided by Good Food team
Golden ladyfingers frame the luscious custard filling of this lovely frozen dessert from Mrs. J.H. Carroll of Ottawa, Ontario. Everyone will enjoy the...
Provided by Taste of Home
Wait for the oohs and aahs when you present this luxurious lemon cheesecake recipe. The lemon flavor gives it a bright, tangy flavor. -Margaret Allen,...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
As a kid I begged my mom to make chicken and dumplings all the time. Now I swear by this simple recipe too!
Provided by Zen K.
This warming stew is spiced with cinnamon and cumin, and sweetened with apricots and dates - perfect with fluffy couscous
Provided by Justine Pattison
Bademjoon, sometimes spelled bademjan, is a quintessential summer dish in Iran, and it was a childhood favorite of mine. Fresh lemon juice and ghooreh,...
Provided by Samin Nosrat
Use this homemade granola as a topping for yogurt, enjoy it as a cereal with milk, or simply snack as is. It's easy to make and is more economical than...
Provided by Martha Stewart
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
These warm, buttery rolls only take a little hands-on prep (the yeast does all the work), kids love to help shape them, and they fill the house with a...
Provided by Martha Stewart
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
When it comes to comfort food, nothing tops mac 'n' cheese, especially Martha's easy-to-make version.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Greek Chicken Pasta Salad. The perfect summer salad. Begin by cooking pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Season chicken with garlic...
Provided by @MakeItYours
"When a potluck's coming up, people always ask me to bring what they call 'that noodle salad you make'," smiles Lori Cole of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. "Based...
Provided by Taste of Home
STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix and chopped mushrooms help fill out a can of tuna to make these Cheesy Tuna Burgers.
Provided by My Food and Family
Wake up the flavor chicken with an easy orange glaze made from orange marmalade, mustard, orange juice and soy sauce. It's citrus delicious!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
One of my favorite recipes! The combination of paprika and mustard powder really offsets the sweetness of the orange juice. I tend to eyeball when cooking,...
Provided by tigerpaws
Provided by Food Network
This recipe is one of those easy ones with a wonderful taste. My husband asks often for it - And I comply! I serve it over a bed of rice with steamed frozen...
Provided by Scandigirl
People also searched
More about "candied walnuts food"
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
5/5 (4)Total Time 20 minsCategory SnacksCalories 124 per serving
- Add walnuts and cook over medium heat until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes. , Sprinkle with brown sugar.
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4.5/5 (26)Total Time 5 minsCategory FruitCalories 1018 per serving
- Place nuts and butter, when butter is melted and nuts are coated with the butter sprinkle sugar and cinnamon if wanted over nuts stirring till carmelized.
EASY CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4.5/5 (10)Total Time 16 minsCategory Lunch/SnacksCalories 912 per serving
- Generously spray a baking/cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the walnuts with sugar and salt, then drizzle the corn syrup over and toss with two forks to coat.
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE | LAURA WERLIN | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (30)Author Laura WerlinServings 1Category Appetizer
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.6/5 (16)Total Time 25 minsCategory Snack, Candy, WalnutCalories 117 per serving
HOW TO MAKE EASY HONEY GLAZED CANDIED WALNUTS
5/5 (6)Category SnackCuisine AmericanCalories 346 per serving
- Preheat a large frying pan over med/high heat. Add butter, walnuts, salt and honey. Stirring consistently, cook until nuts have toasted and honey has caramelized, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer hot nuts onto parchment or baking mat. Spread evenly to let cool. When nuts have cooled to room temperature and are slightly tacky seperate nuts to avoid sticking together. Store in an airtight container once nuts have fully cooled and are no longer tacky.
CANDIED WALNUTS | KITCHEN NOSTALGIA
5/5 (1)Category DessertServings 1Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Put walnuts, butter, sugar and salt in a heavy bottomed pan. Heat, stirring continually with wooden spoon or spatula (sugar will stick to metal), until sugar melts.
- Place on baking paper and immediately separate walnuts with two forks or two spatulas to prevent clumping. Do not touch with hands as caramel can burn your skin severely.
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
- Toast nuts in 375˚F preheated oven on parchment- or silicone-lined baking sheet for 5-7 minutes
- Drizzle the melted caramel sugar over nuts with a fork to coat and separate, then season with coarse or flaky salt and black pepper to taste
DELICIOUS CANDIED WALNUTS FOR DESSERTS AND SALADS
4.1/5 (19)Total Time 6 minsCategory Dessert, Salad, SnackCalories 1102 per serving
- When walnuts are evenly coated, turn out onto parchment in a single layer. Sprinkle with cinnamon or fleur de sel (both optional).
EASY CANDIED WALNUTS - IT IS A KEEPER
4.4/5 (11)Category SnackServings 4Total Time 12 mins
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE | GIMME SOME OVEN
4.7/5 (42)Total Time 50 minsServings 4
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, sea salt, cinnamon and cayenne until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg white and vanilla until combined. Add the walnuts and toss until they are evenly coated with the egg white mixture. Add the brown sugar mixture and toss until the walnuts are evenly coated.
- Spread the walnuts out in an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove baking sheet from the oven, and give the walnuts a brief stir. Return to the oven and bake for 20 more minutes. Remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
CANDIED ROSEMARY WALNUTS RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Servings 4Calories 505 per servingTotal Time 20 mins
- Lightly oil a baking sheet, or line with baking parchment. Tip the sugar into a heavy-based frying pan set over a medium-low heat, and cook until dissolved and lightly golden. Don’t stir – tilt the pan for an even colour.
- Add the walnuts, rosemary, 1 tsp sea salt flakes and ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, and stir briefly. Carefully pour the mixture onto the prepared sheet. Use two lightly oiled teaspoons to separate the nuts if you prefer them packaged individually, but don’t touch them as they’ll be very hot. For a more rustic look, leave to cool, then roughly bash into chunks using a rolling pin. Pack into small containers or bags. Will keep for up to three weeks in a dry, cool place.
SMALL BATCH CRUNCHY CANDIED WALNUTS - BUDGET BYTES
5/5 (4)Total Time 15 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 minsCalories 135 per serving
- Add the butter, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt to a small non-stick skillet. Heat over medium until the butter is melted and the brown sugar is just beginning to sizzle around the edges (it should still look grainy).
- Add the walnuts (chopped or whole) and stir to coat in the brown sugar mixture. Continue to cook and stir over medium heat for 2-4 minutes, or until the brown sugar is fully melted and coating the walnuts (it should look glassy, not grainy).
- Remove the skillet from the heat immediately, as the sugar can go from melted to burning quickly. Spread the candied nuts out over a sheet of parchment paper, making sure they are in a flat layer and separated as much as possible.
CANDIED WALNUTS IN MINUTES! CRUNCHY AND EASY!! | EASY SIDE ...
Ratings 31Calories 107 per servingCategory Appetizers & Finger Foods
- Preheat oven to 350 and lay walnuts on a baking sheet (with parchment paper) and bake for 8 minutes. Remove walnuts from oven and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add sugar, cinnamon, salt, milk and vanilla. Heat over medium heat stirring constantly until edges begin to bubble/boil in the pan.
- Carefully fold parchment paper like a funnel (see video) and add walnuts to saucepan and mix well (spatula works great) to evenly coat nuts.
10 MINUTE CANDIED WALNUTS (SWEET - FIT FOODIE FINDS
5/5 (1)Total Time 10 minsCategory ToppingCalories 225 per serving
- Turn heat to low and stir making sure all of the walnuts are coated in maple syrup and butter and then simmer the walnuts over low heat for 2 minutes.
CANDIED WALNUTS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
5/5 (19)Total Time 35 minsCategory SnackCalories 257 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a sheet pan with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- Place the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white with the water until the mixture is frothy. Pour the walnuts into the egg white mixture and toss to coat. Pour in the cinnamon sugar mixture and stir until nuts are thoroughly coated in the sugar.
WHIPPED BRIE SALAD WITH DATES & CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE ...
Cuisine FrenchTotal Time 25 minsCategory StarterCalories 502 per serving
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. To make the candied walnuts, shake the walnut halves in 2 tbsp water, then toss in the sugar. Scatter over a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 6-8 mins until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Carefully peel the rind off the brie and discard. Put the gooey inside in a medium-sized bowl. Using a spoon or small whisk, whip the brie until pale and spoonable. To make the dressing, whisk the oil and vinegar together, then season.
- In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, dates and rocket, then mix with some of the dressing. Place a spoonful of whipped brie in the middle of each serving plate and arrange the salad around it. Scatter over the croutons, drizzle with a little extra dressing and serve.
CANDIED WALNUTS – LEMON TREE DWELLING
4.5/5 (8)Total Time 40 minsCategory SnacksCalories 158 per serving
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE (HOW TO MAKE CANDIED WALNUTS)
Ratings 32Calories 286 per servingCategory Snack
- Add the walnuts, butter, and brown sugar and allow to melt, stirring with a spatula constantly to coat the walnuts. Once the walnuts are coated and the butter and sugar are fully melted, turn off the heat.
- Pour the walnuts onto a piece of parchment paper into one single layer, separating the walnuts to make sure they don't dry clumped together.
5 MINUTE CANDIED WALNUTS - NATASHA'S KITCHEN
4.8/5 (283)Category EasyCuisine $3Total Time 10 mins
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, add 1 cup walnuts, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 Tbsp butter.
- Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently so your mixture doesn't burn (especially towards the end). When the sugar mixture starts melting, stir constantly until all sugar is melted and nuts are coated.
- Transfer immediately onto a sheet of parchment paper and separate the nuts right away. Using two spatulas will make this task go faster. You don't want to give the nuts a chance to turn into a wad of inseparable delicious goodness unless you are the only person who will be enjoying the wad ;). Seriously, move quickly from the time the nuts are coated until they are separated out on the parchment paper.
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE | GOOP
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Fruits & Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Put the nuts on a baking sheet and when the oven is at temperature, put them in. Roast for 4 minutes and then rotate the sheet 180 degrees and roast for another 4 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let cool. Turn the oven down to 275°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until they begin to have body but not so much that they begin to form soft peaks. Add the brown sugar, honey, and about 10 turns of a pepper grinder’s worth of black pepper and combine.
- Add the walnuts to the mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until they’re all well coated. Spread them on a foil-lined baking sheet and sprinkle them evenly with the salt. Put them in the oven and bake for about 12 minutes. Then rotate the baking sheet and bake for another 12 minutes; the nuts should be dry, not sticky. Remove them from the oven and let them cool. They’ll stay fresh for up to 2 weeks in a sealed container in a cool, dry place. Recipe reprinted with permission from Roberta’s Cookbook.
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE - KATIE'S CUCINA
Ratings 3Calories 279 per servingCategory Snack
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter on medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium. Then, add the walnuts, white granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix until all the sugar has coated the walnuts. Continue cooking and stirring for 2 minutes on medium heat until all sugar has dissolved on walnuts.
- Remove the candied walnuts off the heat and pour the candied walnuts on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Spread the candied walnuts out and allow to cool and harden for at least 10 minutes. Store candied walnuts in a sealed container for up to one week.
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE IT IN 7 SIMPLE STEPS ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory Snack RecipesAuthor April FreemanTotal Time 35 mins
- Spread the walnuts on the parchment paper and bake them in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the walnuts from the oven and set them aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, cinnamon, salt, milk, and vanilla. Stir this mixture constantly until it starts to boil a bit around the edges.
- Use the parchment paper as a funnel to lift and pour the nuts into the saucepan of the sugar mixture. Return the parchment to the baking sheet because you will use it again.
CANDIED WALNUTS | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 22 minsCategory Desserts/Sweets, Appetizers/SnacksCalories 242 per serving
- Add the sugar and let the mixture cook over medium heat until the sugar starts to dissolve, swirling the pan regularly.
- When the sugar starts to brown, turn the heat to low and cook, stirring or tossing constantly, until the nuts and sugar are a deep brown color.
QUICK AND EASY CANDIED WALNUTS - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
4.2/5 (7)Total Time 7 minsCategory Sweets & TreatsCalories 177 per serving
- Add the walnuts, butter, sugar, and cinnamon to a nonstick pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar and butter are melted and coating the nuts, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and separate to cool. Serve whole or chopped.
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE - THE MOUNTAIN KITCHEN
Reviews 6Category SnackCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
- When the butter has melted pour the mixture over the walnuts in a large bowl and toss the nuts to coat well
- Bring the mixture to a bowl over low heat stirring continuously, until golden brown and toasted, 5 to 7 minutes. You will notice that the mixture get very thick and almost all of the liquid evaporates.
AIR FRYER CANDIED WALNUTS - AIR FRYING FOODIE
5/5 (1)Category SnackCuisine AmericanCalories 217 per serving
- While the air fryer is preheating, prepare the walnuts, by placing them in a medium bowl with the melted butter and the vanilla.
- Stir the walnuts until they are coated with the butter and vanilla, so the other ingredients will stick to them.
- Once the walnuts are covered in the coating, stir in the brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Toss the walnuts with the other ingredients so they are evenly covered.
EASY CANDIED WALNUTS - KATY'S FOOD FINDS
Cuisine American, AustralianTotal Time 10 minsCategory Nibbles, SnackCalories 171 per serving
- Melt the butter in a heavy based skillet pan or saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugar and stir briefly, then leave the sugar until it has almost all melted. Add the walnuts and a pinch of salt, and stir continuously for 2-3 minutes or until you notice the sugar starting to change to a golden colour. Stir a few seconds more to ensure all the walnuts are coated. Be careful not to let the sugar colour too much. Immediately pour the candied walnuts out onto the lined tray and spread them out so they don’t stick together. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes.Once completely cooled, store in sealed jars for 1-2 weeks. They can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE - BEN DEVLIN | FOOD & WINE
Servings 1Total Time 30 minsCategory Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small pie plate, toast the walnuts until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Let cool; leave the oven on.
- In a small bowl, toss the walnuts with 1 tablespoon of water. Add the sugar and 2 generous pinches of salt and toss to coat. Spread the nuts on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake, stirring once, until brown and crisp, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool.
9 CARAMELIZED AND CANDIED NUT RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
- Glazed Almonds. Glazed almonds are crunchy, golden-brown sweetened almonds, made with just three ingredients: sugar, water, and almonds. These candied nuts are perfect on pastries, salads, or as part of a candy mix, and you can add lots of different flavorings to customize them.
- Coconut-Covered Cashews. In this recipe, crunchy coconut-covered cashews are coated with a sweet layer of toasted coconut. The combination of salty, buttery cashews and tropical coconut makes these the perfect topper for muffins, yogurt, and parfaits, and of course, are delicious eaten on their own.
- Honey Roasted Peanuts. After making these honey-roasted peanuts, you'll never be satisfied with the store-bought variety again! This recipe produces golden brown nuts with a deep honey taste, a satisfying crunch, and a kiss of salt.
- Honey Roasted Pecans. This simple snack is sweet, salty, and perfectly toasty. Pecan halves are tossed with honey and salt before being roasted until just right.
- Caramelized Peanuts. This recipe for caramelized peanuts produces a deliciously crispy, crunchy, sweet, and salty snack. These peanuts are coated with a crunchy layer of sugar that is generously flavored with salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans. Sweet and spicy candied pecans are packed with flavor from cinnamon, brown sugar, cayenne, and maple syrup. The pecans, which have a crunchy mahogany coating of sugar and spice, can be used in candies and desserts, or are equally good when topping salads or savory dishes.
- Caramel Nuts. This caramel nuts recipe produces crisp nuts that are coated with a sweet, crunchy layer of caramel. These nuts are great to munch on their own and are also ideal to add extra flavor and texture to baked goods.
- Caramelized Macadamia Nuts. This recipe couldn't be easier—caramelized macadamia nuts are cooked along with sugar on the stove, and then the nuts are spread out on a baking sheet to cool.
- Swedish Nuts. In this recipe for Swedish nuts, toasted nuts are covered with a crunchy layer of foamy egg whites with sugar and spices. The egg whites are what really sets this recipe apart—they bake to form a crispy shell that’s lighter than air, and the texture and flavor are unique and delicious.
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE WITH BROWN SUGAR – MELANIE COOKS
Cuisine AmericanCategory SnackServings 8Total Time 5 mins
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE - JESSICA GAVIN
4.3/5 (3)Total Time 55 minsCategory SnackCalories 237 per serving
CANDIED WALNUTS - EATING BIRD FOOD
5/5 (3)Total Time 20 minsCategory SnackCalories 131 per serving
5-MINUTE CANDIED WALNUTS | 12 TOMATOES
4.4/5 (54)Category SideServings 6
9 CANDIED NUT RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
Author Emma Phelps
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE - GLENDAS FARMHOUSE
Servings 2Total Time 15 mins
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3.4/5 (77)Servings 1
MAKE CANDIED WALNUTS USING 3 INGREDIENTS - THEFOODXP
Calories 260Fat 22gCarbohydrates 9gProteins 4g
CANDIED WALNUTS - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCalories 226 per serving
CANDIED WALNUTS NUTRITION FACTS - EAT THIS MUCH
CANDIED WALNUTS WITH EGG WHITE OVEN RECIPES
180 BEST CANDIED WALNUTS IDEAS | NUT RECIPES, APPETIZER ...
CANDIED WALNUTS | ZEST FOR COOKING
CANDIED WALNUT COOKIES | WALNUT COOKIES, CANDIED WALNUTS ...
CANDIED WALNUTS RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED WALNUTS - SO EASY, DELICIOUS. GREAT ...