Top Asked Questions
What is a chocolate wafer crust?Basically ground up crunchy chocolate cookies, the chocolate wafer crust is my go-to for cheesecakes, peanut butter pie, pecan pie, and salted caramel tarts. I think it’s pretty much a good crust for anything!
What is the best way to make chocolate wafer cookies?Chocolate wafer cookies are crushed into crumbs, combined with sugar and butter, pressed into a pie plate and baked into a delicious crust. Makes 1 (9-inch) crust or 8 servings. Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix wafer crumbs, sugar and butter until well blended. Press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate using back of large spoon.
How to bake chocolate wafer pie crumbs?Directions. They should crisp as they cool. To make the chocolate wafer pie crust, stir the wafer crumbs with the melted butter and press it out into your tart or pie pan. Press very firmly with your fingertips or with something flat, like the bottom of a glass or measuring cup. Bake the crust for 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven, then let it cool.
What are chocolate wafers used for?The chocolate wafers are eaten as a cookie, used in various desserts including crushed and used to make a pie crust. You can read more about this historical cookie and the many uses for chocolate wafers here in our article.
A creamy garlic hit, a perfect dip for steamed spring vegetables
Provided by Good Food team
Golden ladyfingers frame the luscious custard filling of this lovely frozen dessert from Mrs. J.H. Carroll of Ottawa, Ontario. Everyone will enjoy the...
Provided by Taste of Home
Wait for the oohs and aahs when you present this luxurious lemon cheesecake recipe. The lemon flavor gives it a bright, tangy flavor. -Margaret Allen,...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
As a kid I begged my mom to make chicken and dumplings all the time. Now I swear by this simple recipe too!
Provided by Zen K.
This warming stew is spiced with cinnamon and cumin, and sweetened with apricots and dates - perfect with fluffy couscous
Provided by Justine Pattison
Bademjoon, sometimes spelled bademjan, is a quintessential summer dish in Iran, and it was a childhood favorite of mine. Fresh lemon juice and ghooreh,...
Provided by Samin Nosrat
Use this homemade granola as a topping for yogurt, enjoy it as a cereal with milk, or simply snack as is. It's easy to make and is more economical than...
Provided by Martha Stewart
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
These warm, buttery rolls only take a little hands-on prep (the yeast does all the work), kids love to help shape them, and they fill the house with a...
Provided by Martha Stewart
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
When it comes to comfort food, nothing tops mac 'n' cheese, especially Martha's easy-to-make version.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Greek Chicken Pasta Salad. The perfect summer salad. Begin by cooking pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Season chicken with garlic...
Provided by @MakeItYours
"When a potluck's coming up, people always ask me to bring what they call 'that noodle salad you make'," smiles Lori Cole of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. "Based...
Provided by Taste of Home
STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix and chopped mushrooms help fill out a can of tuna to make these Cheesy Tuna Burgers.
Provided by My Food and Family
Wake up the flavor chicken with an easy orange glaze made from orange marmalade, mustard, orange juice and soy sauce. It's citrus delicious!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
One of my favorite recipes! The combination of paprika and mustard powder really offsets the sweetness of the orange juice. I tend to eyeball when cooking,...
Provided by tigerpaws
Provided by Food Network
This recipe is one of those easy ones with a wonderful taste. My husband asks often for it - And I comply! I serve it over a bed of rice with steamed frozen...
Provided by Scandigirl
People also searched
More about "chocolate wafer crust food"
MOCK CHOCOLATE COOKIE CRUST RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (60)Total Time 15 minsCategory Desserts, Pies, Pie Crusts, Crumb CrustsCalories 279 per serving
- Whisk sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and salt together in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Pour melted butter into the mixture and stir to incorporate. Press dough into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake crust in preheated oven until the sides are firm and the bottom bubbles slightly, about 10 minutes.
CHOCOLATE WAFERS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (11)Calories 83 per servingServings 30
- Shape dough into a log 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least for 2 hours or overnight.
CHOCOLATE-WAFER CRUST RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
2.9/5 (52)Category Pie & Tarts RecipesServings 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pulse ground chocolate wafers, butter, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a food processor until well combined.
- Pat mixture into a 9-inch pie dish, pressing firmly into bottom and up sides. Bake until crust is fragrant and darkens slightly, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE WITH CHOCOLATE WAFER CRUST ...
4.5/5 (2)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 4 hrs 20 mins
- Press the crust into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate, then place in to the freezer to chill (for a minimum of 30 minutes) while you make the chocolate cream pie.
BERRY CHEESECAKE IN CHOCOLATE CRUST RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
4.5/5 (36)Category DessertServings 16Total Time 9 hrs 5 mins
- Heat oven to 325°F. Mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press on bottom and slightly up side of ungreased springform pan, 9x3 inches, to seal bottom.
- Place cream cheese, 2/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream and the orange peel in food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Add eggs. Cover and process until well blended. Spread over crust.
- Bake about 1 hour 20 minutes or until center is set. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Run metal spatula along side of cheesecake to loosen; remove side of pan. Refrigerate uncovered 3 hours; cover and continue refrigerating at least 4 hours.
- Mix 1/2 cup sour cream and 2 tablespoons sugar; spread over top of cheesecake. Top with berries.
CHOCOLATE WAFER CRUST RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (39)Category Desserts, Pies, Pie Crusts, Crumb CrustsServings 1Calories 167 per serving
10 BEST CHOCOLATE WAFER DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST CHOCOLATE CRUMB PIE CRUST FILLING RECIPES | YUMMLY
PUMPKIN CREAM PIE IN A CHOCOLATE CRUST - FOOD & WINE
5/5 (2)Category PiesServings 8-10Total Time 2 hrs 15 mins
- Make the crust In a food processor, pulse the cookies until finely ground. Transfer to a medium bowl and add the butter and sugar. Mix until well combined, then press into a 9-inch metal pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Bake the crust for 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Transfer to a rack and let cool.
- Make the filling In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree with all of the remaining ingredients until smooth. Scrape the filling into the piecrust and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the filling is set but slightly jiggly in the center. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
- Make the topping In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the crème fraîche with the cream and confectioners’ sugar until soft peaks form. Spoon the topping over the pie, garnish with chocolate curls and serve.
CHOCOLATE COOKIE CRUST RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 28 minsCategory DessertCalories 1295 per serving
- Transfer crumbs to a mixing bowl; combine crumbs, butter, salt, and vanilla; stir until the crumbs are moistened.
- Press mixture evenly across the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate and all the way up the sides of the pan; pack tightly so crust is even and compacted.
CHOCOLATE WAFER COOKIES RECIPE - SMELLS LIKE HOME
4.4/5 (97)Category Cookies
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Pulse the ingredients a few times to combine thoroughly. Dollop the butter around the dry ingredients and pulse a few more times until the butter starts to incorporate and large chunks begin to form. Mix the milk and vanilla together in a small bowl. With the mixer running, pour the milk mixture into the feeding tube in a slow and even stream until the cookie crumb mixture starts to form together and ball up on the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer the cookie dough to a work surface and knead it a couple of times to fully incorporate all of the ingredients. Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a long and narrow log, about 1 ¼ inches to 1 ¾ inches in diameter. Depending on how large you want your wafer cookies to be will determine how thick to form the log. Wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to a week.
- Position the oven racks to the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice the dough logs into approximately ⅛-inch thick slices and lay the dough rounds on the baking sheets about 1 inch apart. I formed my dough into 1 ¼-inch diameter logs and was able to fit 24 cookies on each of my baking sheets.
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE WAFER PIE CRUST - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set this aside.
- With a hand mixer or a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar (you want to cream until the sugar granules are no longer visible, but if you rub the mixture with your fingertips you can still feel the sugar granules. This takes a few minutes). Mix in the milk and vanilla, then add in the dry ingredients. Mix together until combined, and note that the dough will be crumbly, but it should hold together when you press a clump between your fingertips.
- Shape the dough into a log, and wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the butter to firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 350, then slice the log into 1/8inch thick wafers. Lay the dough circles on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet, giving them an inch in between cookies to allow them to spread. Bake for 15 minutes until dry to the touch, then let them cool completely. They should crisp as they cool.
KETO CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE - KETOFOCUS
5/5 (2)Servings 8Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
- Press into a greased pie plate and bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes or until crust starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Move onto making the filling.
- To make the chocolate filling, whisk together powdered sweetener and eggs in a saucepan over low medium heat, stirring constantly. Heat until the egg mixture reaches 150-160 degrees or until it coats the back of a spoon. Don’t over cook or your eggs will curdle. (See information below on how to salvage your custard if your eggs curdle.) Remove from the heat and stir in melted chocolate and vanilla. Set aside.
CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRUST RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
4/5 (1)Total Time 50 minsCategory Desserts, Pies, Pie Crusts, Crumb CrustsCalories 103 per serving
- Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in a microwave oven, about 1 minute. Add to the mixture in the food processor and blend until combined into the dough.
CHOCOLATE WAFER CRUMB CRUST RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 1Total Time 3 minsCategory DessertCalories 1390 per serving
CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 11 minsCategory DessertCalories 1445 per serving
SUGAR WAFER CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PIE | NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PIE
4.3/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 377 per serving
- When chocolate is cooled remove it from the refrigerator and fold the extra whipped cream into the chocolate carefully. Continue stirring gently until mixed completely and there are no more chocolate streaks. Spread this into crust.
- Whip remaining 1 1/2 cups heavy cream with powdered sugar with whisk attachment until stiff peaks form and spread over the chocolate mousse. If desired dust with powdered sugar right before serving.
CHOCOLATE WAFERS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.6/5 (22)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsServings 40
- Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets, or more if you have them; you'll make 3 to 4 baking sheets' worth of cookies.
- To make the cookies: In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, salt, baking powder, and espresso powder.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, then the flour and cocoa. Cover the dough, and chill for 30 minutes. While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roll the dough about 1/8" thick; use cocoa instead of flour to dust your rolling board and the dough.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Watch them closely at the end of the baking time, and if you start to smell chocolate before 10 minutes has gone by, take them out.
- When the cookies are done baking, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- To fill the cookies: Use a small offset spatula or a knife to spread about 2 teaspoons of filling onto the bottom of one cookie. Or for a cleaner presentation, roll about 2 teaspoons of filling in the palms of your hands to form a ball, and place it on the bottom of a cookie.
- Finish the sandwich cookie by placing another cookie, bottom-side down, on top of the filling. Press gently, until the filling almost reaches the edge of the cookies.
MOO-LESS CHOCOLATE PIE RECIPE | ALTON BROWN | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (174)Difficulty EasyCategory DessertSteps 5
- Place enough water in the bottom of a 4-quart saucepan to come 1 inch up the sides. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the liqueur and vanilla in a medium metal bowl set over the simmering water, stirring often with a rubber or silicone spatula. Combine the tofu, chocolate mixture and honey in a blender or food processor and spin until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the filling sets firm.
- Spin the cookies and sugar in a food processor until fine crumbs. Then drizzle in the butter, pulsing to combine. Press this mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom, up the sides and just over the lip of a 9-inch metal pie pan.
CHOCOLATE WAFER PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCategory PieCalories 262 per serving
CHOCOLATE WAFER CRUST RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Servings 1Category Pie & Tarts Recipes
CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST IN A SPRINGFORM PAN | FOODTALK
Servings 1Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE WITH CHOCOLATE WAFER CRUST | JUST A ...
MOCHA CHEESECAKE WITH CHOCOLATE WAFER CRUST - CHATELAINE
Servings 10Calories 238 per servingEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
4/5 (8)Servings 1
CHOCOLATE WAFER CRUST | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsServings 1
CHOCOLATE COOKIE PIE CRUST RECIPE | RECIPE | CHOCOLATE ...
3.5/5 (8)Estimated Reading Time 50 secsServings 1Total Time 20 mins
CHOCOLATE WAFERS : SUBSTITUTES, INGREDIENTS, EQUIVALENTS ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCalories 485 per serving
CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST - BAKING BITES
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHOCOLATE OREO COOKIE CRUST RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
Servings 1Total Time 10 minsCategory Pies
WHERE CAN I BUY NABISCO CHOCOLATE WAFER COOKIES ...
CHOCOLATE WAFER COOKIE CRUST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CHOCOLATE WAFER RECIPES
FAMOUS CHOCOLATE WAFER CRUST - SNACKWORKS
CHOCOLATE WAFER CRUST FOR CHEESECAKE - FOOD52
25 EASY GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST PIES - INSANELY GOOD
CHOCOLATE WAFER PIE CRUST RECIPE | MYRECIPES
NABISCO FAMOUS CHOCOLATE WAFERS CRUST - ALL INFORMATION ...
PIE WITH CHOCOLATE WAFER CRUST - COOKEATSHARE
CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE WITH CHOCOLATE WAFER CRUST - RECIPE ...
CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRACKER PIE CRUST RECIPE - ALL ...
NABISCO GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST RECIPES
NABISCO CHOCOLATE WAFER CRUST RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
NABISCO FAMOUS CHOCOLATE WAFERS CRUST RECIPES
NABISCO CHOCOLATE WAFERS CRUST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...