- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- Cook and stir the ground beef in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, breaking the meat up as it cooks, until the meat is no longer pink and has started to brown, about 10 minutes. Skim off excess fat, and stir in the onions and garlic. Cook and stir the meat mixture until the onions are translucent, about 10 more minutes.
- Stir water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, and seasoned salt into the meat mixture and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir macaroni into the mixture, cover, and simmer over low heat until the pasta is tender, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, discard bay leaves, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385.5 calories, Carbohydrate 34.1 g, Cholesterol 74.3 mg, Fat 14.6 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 28.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 1466.1 mg, Sugar 9.1 g
Top Asked Questions
What is classic goulash made of?Classic Goulash is one of my favorite old fashioned recipes, made with ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and macaroni in a seasoned tomato sauce with diced tomatoes. It’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners because all it takes is one pot and less than 45 minutes!
How to cook goulash in the oven?Classic Goulash made in ONE POT with ground beef, bell pepper, onions, and elbow macaroni in a seasoned tomato sauce, ready in under 45 minutes! Add the ground beef, onions, bell peppers and garlic to a large dutch oven on medium-high heat and cook it breaking it apart until it is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
What goes well with Goulash?Ground beef, cheese, macaroni, and tomatoes will make the whole family happy. What is Goulash? Goulash is an old-fashioned recipe with a delicious mix of flavors like crisp veggies, tender ground beef, and ooey-gooey melted cheese!
What is American goulash called in America?GRANDMA'S AMERICAN GOULASH (GROUND BEEF) We call this recipe "American Goulash" because even though it is called goulash, it's not the Hungarian version with paprika and whole cuts of meat. It goes by a lot of different names: SLUMGULLION, AMERICAN CHOP SUEY, JOHNNY MARZETTI (just to name a few.)
A creamy garlic hit, a perfect dip for steamed spring vegetables
Provided by Good Food team
Golden ladyfingers frame the luscious custard filling of this lovely frozen dessert from Mrs. J.H. Carroll of Ottawa, Ontario. Everyone will enjoy the...
Provided by Taste of Home
Wait for the oohs and aahs when you present this luxurious lemon cheesecake recipe. The lemon flavor gives it a bright, tangy flavor. -Margaret Allen,...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
As a kid I begged my mom to make chicken and dumplings all the time. Now I swear by this simple recipe too!
Provided by Zen K.
This warming stew is spiced with cinnamon and cumin, and sweetened with apricots and dates - perfect with fluffy couscous
Provided by Justine Pattison
Bademjoon, sometimes spelled bademjan, is a quintessential summer dish in Iran, and it was a childhood favorite of mine. Fresh lemon juice and ghooreh,...
Provided by Samin Nosrat
Use this homemade granola as a topping for yogurt, enjoy it as a cereal with milk, or simply snack as is. It's easy to make and is more economical than...
Provided by Martha Stewart
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
These warm, buttery rolls only take a little hands-on prep (the yeast does all the work), kids love to help shape them, and they fill the house with a...
Provided by Martha Stewart
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
When it comes to comfort food, nothing tops mac 'n' cheese, especially Martha's easy-to-make version.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Greek Chicken Pasta Salad. The perfect summer salad. Begin by cooking pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Season chicken with garlic...
Provided by @MakeItYours
"When a potluck's coming up, people always ask me to bring what they call 'that noodle salad you make'," smiles Lori Cole of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. "Based...
Provided by Taste of Home
STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix and chopped mushrooms help fill out a can of tuna to make these Cheesy Tuna Burgers.
Provided by My Food and Family
Wake up the flavor chicken with an easy orange glaze made from orange marmalade, mustard, orange juice and soy sauce. It's citrus delicious!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
One of my favorite recipes! The combination of paprika and mustard powder really offsets the sweetness of the orange juice. I tend to eyeball when cooking,...
Provided by tigerpaws
Provided by Food Network
This recipe is one of those easy ones with a wonderful taste. My husband asks often for it - And I comply! I serve it over a bed of rice with steamed frozen...
Provided by Scandigirl
People also searched
More about "classic goulash food"
VINTAGE HAMBURGER GOULASH RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (32)Category MeatAuthor IlysseCalories 783 per serving
- Saute beef, 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes and 2 onions in large frying pan. Drain excess fat. Lots of onions makes this good.
- Meanwhile, in another pan cook macaroni in boiling, salted water until tender. Set aside until almost ready to serve.
- When beef and onions are finished cooking, add the canned, crushed tomatores and approximately 1/2 cup water; also add garlic salt, pepper, chili powder and mix well.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes; then add cooked macaroni noodles and mix well when ready to serve. If you add the macaroni noodles too soon, they may over cook and get mushy.
BEEF GOULASH RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Servings 4Total Time 2 hrs 50 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 576 per serving
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a flameproof casserole dish or heavy-based saucepan. Sprinkle 700g stewing steak chunks with 30g plain flour and brown well in three batches, adding an extra 1 tbsp oil for each batch. Set the browned meat aside.
- Add in the remaining 1 tbsp oil to the casserole dish, followed by 1 large thinly sliced onion, 2 finely chopped garlic cloves, 1 green pepper and 1 red pepper, both finely sliced. Fry until softened, around 5-10 mins.
EASY GOULASH RECIPE (ONE POT AMERICAN STYLE) - COOKING CLASSY
5/5 (16)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 495 per serving
- Saute veggies: Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and carrot and saute 6 minutes. Scoot to one far side.
- Brown beef: Add beef in about 5 chunks and let brown on bottom, about 2 - 3 minutes then break up beef and toss with veggies. Cook beef through, tossing occasionally.
- Add canned ingredients and seasonings, simmer: Pour in chicken broth, tomato paste, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning and paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture to a simmer.
EASY GOULASH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BEEF GOULASH
4.2/5 (85)Calories 392 per serving
OLD FASHIONED BEEF GOULASH | I HEART RECIPES
4.9/5 (22)Category Dinner, Soup
TRADITIONAL ROMANIAN FOOD: PORK GOULASH | COMPASS & FORK
Cuisine RomanianCategory Main DishServings 6Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
CLASSIC HUNGARIAN GOULASH SOUP RECIPE - MY EDIBLE FOOD
Reviews 1Calories 313 per servingCategory Weight Loss Recipes
10 EASY GOULASH RECIPES | MRFOOD.COM
GRANDMA'S BEST GOULASH RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
GRANNY'S CLASSIC AMERCIAN GOULASH RECIPE - SELF PROCLAIMED ...
Ratings 34Calories 331 per servingCategory Main Course
- Heat large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the beef, and brown for 10 minutes, breaking up with the back of your wooden spoon as you stir. Add the onion and bell pepper and continue to cook, while stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the macaroni, and cover with a lid, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the macaroni, cover with the lid, and simmer for another 15-20 minutes until pasta is tender. Remove from heat
- Let mixture stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with a green salad and garnish with fresh parsley.
EASY AMERICAN GOULASH RECIPE | DINNERS, DISHES, & DESSERTS
Category Dinner RecipesCalories 500 per serving
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add ground beef and onions to the pan. Break beef apart, cooking for 6-7 minutes until browned. Drain any fat.
OLD FASHIONED GOULASH - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
4.9/5 (9)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 416 per serving
- Heat a 6-quart pot over medium-high heat. Add in ground beef and cook until browned, but not cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain excess grease and return pan to medium-high heat.
- Pour in olive oil. Add in onion and saute until onion is soft and translucent and ground beef is cooked through, another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour in beef broth, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, onion powder, and black pepper. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer over high heat.
OLD FASHIONED GOULASH - MOMSDISH
4.8/5 (101)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 484 per serving
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions, but shorten the cooking time by 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat until hot. Add in the Ground Beef, onion and garlic. Cook for about 10 minutes until reaching 160°F, crumbling the Beef as it cooks.
- Add in the Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and stir to combine. Allow to simmer on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
AMERICAN GOULASH (ONE POT + WITH VIDEO!) - GONNA WANT SECONDS
4/5 (136)Calories 392 per servingCategory Main Course
- In a large pot, brown the meat over medium heat, breaking up the meat as it cooks into small pieces. Continue to cook until the meat is cooked through and there's no longer any pink.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, oregano, basil, bay leaves, seasoned salt, and black pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the pasta, cover, and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally until the pasta is tender about 25 minutes. Remove from heat, discard bay leaves. To serve, ladle into individual bowls and top with cheddar.
GOULASH - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
Ratings 4Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
- Add ground beef, onions, bell pepper, and garlic to a large stockpot and on medium-high heat cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
- Add broth, water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, paprika, salt, and pepper. Then bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer with a cover on for 15 minutes.
CLASSIC AMERICAN BEEF GOULASH - IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER
Cuisine AmericanCategory EntréeServings 4Total Time 55 mins
- Heat large stock pot over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, onions and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles, stirring occasionally, or until onions are translucent.
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water, soy sauce, paprika, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in macaroni, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Discard bay leaf. Garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired.
EASY 1 PAN CLASSIC AMERICAN GOULASH RECIPE - YEYFOOD.COM
4.4/5 (13)Category Main DishesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
CLASSIC AMERICAN GOULASH - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
5/5 (13)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 541 per serving
BEEF GOULASH RECIPE - CLASSIC GOULASH - SAVORY EXPERIMENTS
5/5 (5)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main Course, Main DishCalories 694 per serving
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat ground beef over medium heat. If you are using a low fat ground beef, add vegetable oil to prevent from sticking. Break into pieces and cook fully, approximately 5-9 minutes.
- Drain ground beef, discarding any liquid or grease left behind. You don't have to wipe it clean, just pour it out.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to the hot pot and add bell peppers, onions and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes or until the start to soften. You don't want them to be fully softened.
- Add diced tomatoes in juice, tomato sauce, tomato pate, bay leaves, smoked paprika, black pepper, beef broth, gravy master, dried oregano and dried parsley. Bring to a low simmer.
CLASSIC BEEF GOULASH OR AMERICAN CHOP SUEY - GRUMPY'S ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main DishCalories 276 per serving
- Fill a large stockpot with water and add salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook the elbow macaroni, stirring occasionally, until almost done (about 2 minutes less than package directions). Drain and set aside.
- Place oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onion, and garlic. Simmer until onions become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground beef to onion mixture. Cook until beef is no longer pink and browned. Drain any excess fat from the beef mixture.
- Add spices, Worcestershire sauce, stewed tomatoes, and marinara sauce to beef mixture and bring to a simmer. Simmer about 5 minutes.
CLASSIC GERMAN GOULASH - CRAVING TASTY
4.9/5 (13)Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 362 per serving
- Heat the butter in a roasting pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, trim the beef of any fat and sinew, then cut the beef into about 1" - 1 1/2" pieces. Set aside.
CLASSIC GOULASH - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
4.9/5 (62)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 455 per serving
- Add the ground beef, onions, bell peppers and garlic to a large dutch oven on medium-high heat and cook it breaking it apart until it is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain most of the fat then add in the remaining ingredients except the macaroni, bring to a boil then reduce to a low heat and simmer with a cover on for 15 minutes.
- Add in the macaroni, mix well then cover and simmer an additional 20 minutes, stirring occasionally before serving
CLASSIC AMERICAN GOULASH - WHAT SHOULD I MAKE FOR...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hrCategory Main DishCalories 646 per serving
- Heat the oil over med/high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onion ad saute until translucent, about 3 mins.
- Add the garlic and saute 2 mins more. Stir in the ground beef and cook until the beef is well browned, about 10 mins.
- Drain the fat and return the pan to the stove. Stir in the tomato paste, salt, sugar, soy suace, worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add the red wine and cook until it's reduced by half. Stir in the tomato sauce and beef stock. Simmer, covered, for 15 mins.
HOW TO MAKE GOULASH | GOULASH RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK ...
4.5/5 (52)Author Food Network KitchenCuisine AmericanCategory Main-Dish
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the beef and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned and no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon salt, a few grinds of pepper, the paprika, and Italian seasoning to the beef and stir to combine. Cook, stirring, until the paprika begins to toast and become fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir the tomato paste into the beef mixture to coat, then cook until the paste thickens and deepens in color, about 2 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire and beef broth to the beef mixture and stir, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot, to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium low and add the cavatappi. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Gently stir in the parsley and Cheddar until combined and the cheese starts to melt. Divide the goulash among 6 bowls and top with more shredded Cheddar and chopped parsley.
GRANDMA'S AMERICAN GOULASH (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
Ratings 74Calories 434 per servingCategory Main Course
TASTY GOULASH COOKBOOK: CLASSIC GOULASH RECIPES TO TRY ...
Author Logan KingFormat Kindle Edition
FOOD MEMORIES: GRANDMA'S GOULASH - A CLASSIC SLOW FOOD RECIPE!
Cuisine EuropeanEstimated Reading Time 8 minsCategory MainTotal Time 3 hrs
CLASSIC GOULASH - THE COOKIN CHICKS
Reviews 6Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 8Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
OLD FASHIONED GOULASH RECIPE - JOHNNY MARZETTI RECIPE
4.4/5 (540)Category DinnerServings 10Published 2019-07-22
MYFRIDGEFOOD - CLASSIC GOULASH
Calories 556Cooking Time 30Carbs 24.7Fat 25.9
CLASSIC GOULASH | MRFOOD.COM
4/5 (26)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Casseroles
CLASSIC GOULASH | RECIPE | CLASSIC GOULASH RECIPE, GOULASH ...
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
GRANDMA'S AMERICAN GOULASH | RECIPE | EASY GOULASH RECIPES ...
5/5 (73)Total Time 25 minsServings 4
CLASSIC AMERICAN GOULASH MADE EASY - COOK N' SHARE
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 minsCategory Main, SnackCalories 380 per serving
HOW TO MAKE A COMFORTING CAULDRON OF GOULASH FOR FALL
Author Jeanmarie Brownson
CLASSIC GOULASH | COMMAND COOKING
12 CLASSIC GOULASH IDEAS | GOULASH, RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES
CLASSIC GOULASH | COOKING PROFESSIONALLY
5 HIDANGAN SERBA GOULASH UNTUK DINNER MENGENYANGKAN
CLASSIC GOULASH | RECIPE | RECIPES, CLASSIC GOULASH RECIPE ...
651 CLASSIC GOULASH PHOTOS - FREE & ROYALTY-FREE STOCK ...
RECIPE: REDRIDGE GOULASH - ITEM - CLASSIC WORLD OF WARCRAFT