TWICE-COOKED POTATOES WITH CAVIAR
- 28 baby red potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature, plus 2 tablespoons, melted
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 3 ounces caviar, preferably American paddlefish
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook until just tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, about 15 minutes. Drain well. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet, and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Cut off tops and a thin slice from bottoms of 24 potatoes. Using a small melon baller, scoop out flesh from these potatoes, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Peel remaining 4 potatoes. Press whole potatoes and remaining flesh through a ricer into a medium bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat milk and the room-temperature butter in a small saucepan over medium until butter melts. Stir into riced potatoes, a little at a time, until creamy. Stir in creme fraiche and the chives; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain round tip (such as Ateco #806). Pipe potato mixture into shells, mounding about 1/2 inch above top edge.
- Bake until tops are golden brown and slightly puffed, about 15 minutes. Brush with melted butter, and bake 15 minutes more. Top each potato with about 1/4 teaspoon caviar. Serve immediately.
Top Asked Questions
How to bake twice baked potatoes in oven?The Best Twice Baked Potato Recipe. Heat oven to 425 degrees. If in a hurry, use the convection bake setting. Wash and scrub potatoes. Sprinkle each one with Kosher salt and wrap in foil. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until slightly squishy when pressed upon. (one hour if using convection bake). Remove from oven.
What towhat to serve with baked potatoes?Yogurt, sour cream and herbs are combined to make a perky topping for these healthy baked potatoes. Add some sliced tomatoes on the side to brighten up the plate and spoon some of the sauce over them too. This side dish gives you the best of two potato favorites.
What is the best filling for twice baked potatoes?Add the cheese, milk, seasoned salt, green onions and black pepper to taste and mix together well. (IMPORTANT: If you plan to freeze the twice-baked potatoes, do NOT add the green onions.) Fill the potato shells with the filling.
What goes well with red potatoes and chives?Twice cooked baby red potatoes are topped with chives and red caviar. Red caviar is not expensive and you only need a small jar. If you prefer to use more expensive caviar, the red and green theme still shows in the red potatoes and chives.
A creamy garlic hit, a perfect dip for steamed spring vegetables
Provided by Good Food team
Golden ladyfingers frame the luscious custard filling of this lovely frozen dessert from Mrs. J.H. Carroll of Ottawa, Ontario. Everyone will enjoy the...
Provided by Taste of Home
Wait for the oohs and aahs when you present this luxurious lemon cheesecake recipe. The lemon flavor gives it a bright, tangy flavor. -Margaret Allen,...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
As a kid I begged my mom to make chicken and dumplings all the time. Now I swear by this simple recipe too!
Provided by Zen K.
This warming stew is spiced with cinnamon and cumin, and sweetened with apricots and dates - perfect with fluffy couscous
Provided by Justine Pattison
Bademjoon, sometimes spelled bademjan, is a quintessential summer dish in Iran, and it was a childhood favorite of mine. Fresh lemon juice and ghooreh,...
Provided by Samin Nosrat
Use this homemade granola as a topping for yogurt, enjoy it as a cereal with milk, or simply snack as is. It's easy to make and is more economical than...
Provided by Martha Stewart
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
These warm, buttery rolls only take a little hands-on prep (the yeast does all the work), kids love to help shape them, and they fill the house with a...
Provided by Martha Stewart
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
When it comes to comfort food, nothing tops mac 'n' cheese, especially Martha's easy-to-make version.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Greek Chicken Pasta Salad. The perfect summer salad. Begin by cooking pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Season chicken with garlic...
Provided by @MakeItYours
"When a potluck's coming up, people always ask me to bring what they call 'that noodle salad you make'," smiles Lori Cole of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. "Based...
Provided by Taste of Home
STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix and chopped mushrooms help fill out a can of tuna to make these Cheesy Tuna Burgers.
Provided by My Food and Family
Wake up the flavor chicken with an easy orange glaze made from orange marmalade, mustard, orange juice and soy sauce. It's citrus delicious!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
One of my favorite recipes! The combination of paprika and mustard powder really offsets the sweetness of the orange juice. I tend to eyeball when cooking,...
Provided by tigerpaws
Provided by Food Network
This recipe is one of those easy ones with a wonderful taste. My husband asks often for it - And I comply! I serve it over a bed of rice with steamed frozen...
Provided by Scandigirl
People also searched
More about "twice cooked potatoes with caviar food"
TWICE-BAKED POTATOES RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD …
5/5 (305)Difficulty EasyCategory Side-DishSteps 6
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Rub them with the canola oil and bake for 1 hour, making sure they're sufficiently cooked through.
- Slice the butter into pats. Place in a large mixing bowl and add the bacon bits and sour cream. Remove the potatoes from the oven. Lower the heat to 350 degrees F.
- With a sharp knife, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scrape out the insides into the mixing bowl, being careful not to tear the shell. Leave a small rim of potato intact for support. Lay the hollowed out potato shells on a baking sheet.
MINI TWICE-BAKED POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (13)Difficulty EasyCategory Side-DishSteps 5
- Place the potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt. Bake until a knife inserted into the potatoes goes in with little to no resistance, about 1 hour. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium-low heat until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain well and place half of the bacon into a bowl. Add the panko, 2 tablespoons chives and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Mix to combine and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the sour cream, butter, heavy cream, the remaining bacon, 1/4 cup Parmesan, 2 tablespoons chives and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
ROASTED BABY POTATOES WITH EGGPLANT CAVIAR ... - FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (3)Difficulty EasyCategory AppetizerSteps 8
- Halve the eggplant lengthwise and score the flesh by making three long cuts down the middle and sides, making sure not to pierce the skin. Salt the eggplant and then place it
- Turn the eggplant over and remove the cooling rack. Using paper towels, dry the eggplant and the baking sheet of any moisture. Cut the eggplant into 1-inch cubes and place back on the baking sheet. Scatter the garlic cloves among the eggplant. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with the smoked paprika and some salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast until the eggplant is completely soft and browned, about 30 minutes. Let cool.
CRAB STUFFED TWICE BAKED POTATOES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (19)Author Kelly AveryServings 6Category Side-Dish
NEW POTATOES WITH CAVIAR | WILLIAMS SONOMA
4/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsServings 10-12
TWICE-BAKED POTATOES - CULINARY HILL
Ratings 2Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Side DishCalories 326 per serving
TINY TWICE-BAKED POTATOES - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
4.8/5 (13)Servings 24Cuisine AmericanCategory Appetizers
TWICE BAKED POTATOES RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
4.5/5 (49)Category Side DishServings 8Total Time 1 hr 50 mins
CRAB AND CAVIAR TWICE-BAKED POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (2)Author Katie Lee BiegelServings 4Difficulty Easy
TWICE-BAKED POTATOES WITH CAULIFLOWER AND CHEESE RECIPE ...
4/5 (484)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsServings 4Calories 643 per serving
POTATO BOATS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BAKED POTATOES WITH CAVIAR - FRAMED COOKS
Reviews 1Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Poke a few holes in the potatoes, then rub them all over with 2 teaspoons of the salt. Place them on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake them until they are tender – a knife should slide in easily. This should take about an hour. (You can also cook them up in the microwave – poke those same holes in them and microwave them for 8-10 minutes, turning them over halfway through.)
- Cool the potatoes for about 10 minutes, then slice off the top 1/4 inches of each one horizontally. Carefully scoop out the insides, making sure not to break the skin. Place the potato insides in a bowl and add the crème fraîche or sour cream, butter, chives and the remaining salt. Give it a good grinding of pepper and mash everything with a potato masher until well combined.
- Carefully stuff the potato skins with the potato mixture and put the potatoes back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Return potatoes to oven and bake until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Top with another spoonful of creme fraiche or sour cream, and then a nice big spoonful of caviar on top of that. Garnish with parsley. Serve at once!
BLUE CHEESE AND CHIVE TWICE BAKED POTATOES - FOOD.COM
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory PotatoCalories 244 per serving
- Bake potatoes for 1 hour or until tender. Cool until able to handle. Cut top 1/4 off each potato lengthwise. Scoop out pulp into large bowl and reserve potato skin shells.
- Add buttermilk and remaining ingredients to potato pulp. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Spoon potato mixture back into reserved shells.
- Arrange stuffed shells on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated and browned.
POTATOES AND CAVIAR RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 24Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory PotatoCalories 176 per serving
- In a saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water; bring to a boil and simmer until tender but still quite firm when pierced with the tip of a knife; remove all but 4 potatoes and continue to cook these 4 until soft.
- When cool, cut the tops off the group of 24 potatoes; scoop out the flesh with a melon baller, leaving a 1/4" thick wall; place the pulp in a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water to keep it warm; peel and add the 4 remaining potatoes.
- Cut a small slice off the bottom of each potato so that they will stand upright on a baking sheet; preheat the oven to 375°; Heat the milk and melt the butter in a small saucepan; push the potato flesh through a ricer, food mill or wide-meshed sieve.
- Stir the milk into the potatoes a bit at a time, until they are creamy; add creme fraiche, salt and pepper and 1 T chives; pipe the potatoes into the shells, making sure the cut edges are covered.
TWICE-BAKED POTATOES WITH HORSERADISH & CAVIAR RECIPE ...
Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCalories 142 per serving
- Pierce potatoes in several places with a fork. Bake directly on the center rack until tender, 45 to 60 minutes. (Alternatively, microwave on Medium, turning once or twice, until soft, about 20 minutes.)
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half and scoop the insides into a bowl. Place the skins in a small baking dish. Add 1/4 cup sour cream, milk, horseradish, chives, chopped dill, salt and pepper to the potato insides. Beat with an electric mixer or mash with a potato masher until smooth; divide among the potato skins.
"TWICE BAKED" BABY POTATOES WITH CAVIAR | MARTHA STEWART
Servings 35Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Food & Cooking, Appetizers
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a pot, cover potatoes with about 2 inches of cool water; bring to a boil. Season generously with salt and cook until potatoes are easily pierced with the tip of a knife but still holding their shape, 8 to 10 minutes; drain. When cool enough to handle, trim and discard 1/4 inch from top of each potato. (If necessary, trim bottoms flat so potatoes stand upright.)
- Using a small paring knife, the smaller side of a melon baller, or a demitasse spoon, carefully scoop flesh from potatoes, leaving 1/4 inch flesh intact all around bottom and sides. Transfer hollowed potatoes to parchment-lined baking sheets.
- For the smoothest texture, press potato flesh through a ricer into a bowl. Stir in cream cheese, butter, milk, and chives to thoroughly combine (or, if not using a ricer, mash to combine until smooth); season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potato mixture to a piping bag fitted with a plain tip, or a resealable plastic bag with a corner snipped. Pipe mixture into hollowed potatoes and bake until they are heated through and browned in places on top, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool a few minutes; dollop with sour cream and top with caviar, trout roe, or more chives. Serve warm.
9 THANKSGIVING SIDE DISHES THAT STEAL THE SHOW | RACHAEL ...
Author Alexa WeibelPublished 2018-11-06Estimated Reading Time 1 min
TWICE-BAKED FINGERLING POTATOES WITH DELECTABLES - THE ...
Is Accessible For Free TrueCalories 96 per servingServings 90
A CAVIAR TASTING WITH MARTHA | MARTHA STEWART
Author Frances KimEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
FOOD; HOT POTATOES - THE NEW YORK TIMES
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
DILL MASHED POTATOES WITH CRèME FRAîCHE AND CAVIAR RECIPE ...
3/4 (8)Servings 2
TWICE BAKED POTATO BITES (EASY APPETIZER) - SOMEWHAT …
5/5 (7)Total Time 55 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 96 per serving
STUFFED NEW POTATOES RECIPE | EMERIL LAGASSE | COOKING CHANNEL
Servings 12Total Time 55 minsCategory Appetizer
STUFFED NEW POTATOES WITH CAVIAR - FOOD NETWORK
Cuisine RussianCategory Snacks, Starters
MINI TWICE BAKED POTATO SKINS - CULINARY HILL
Ratings 15Category AppetizerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
A CAVIAR TASTING WITH MARTHA - YAHOO
Author Frances Kim
HOW TO MAKE RESTAURANT-WORTHY BAKED POTATOES AT HOME
Author Ronnie Koenig
SWEET POTATO, CRèME FRAîCHE, AND CAVIAR BITES RECIPE ...
3/5 (3)Servings 40
TWICE-COOKED POTATOES WITH CAVIAR RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
TWICE BAKED POTATO - MENU - BERN'S STEAK HOUSE - TAMPA
CONTINUE THE HOLIDAY FEASTING WITH HANUKKAH'S POTATO LATKES
7 WAYS TO TURN A POTATO INTO YOUR BEST APPETIZER EVER | …
TWICE BAKED POTATO* - MENU - BOTERO - LAS VEGAS
LAZIJI | FOOD FANTASY WIKI | FANDOM
BAKED POTATOES WITH CRéME FRAICHE AND CAVIAR RECIPE ...
DC'S FANCIEST JUNK FOOD, RANKED | WASHINGTONIAN (DC)
POTATO - KITCHEN DICTIONARY - FOOD.COM
33 POTATO APPETIZERS PERFECT FOR ANY PARTY | SOUTHERN LIVING
HOW TO COOK POTATOES WITH RECIPES FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD ...
10 BEST PASTA WITH CAVIAR RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED POTATO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
WANT TO MAKE A SEASONAL AND SPLURGE-WORTHY THANKSGIVING ...
HEALTHY BAKED POTATO RECIPES | EATINGWELL
TWICE-COOKED PORK | FOOD FANTASY WIKI | FANDOM
[PRO/CHEF] TWICE-COOKED MASHED POTATOES : FOOD
111 BEST POTATO RECIPES (ROASTED, FRIED, MASHED, AND MORE ...
10 BEST LEFTOVER BAKED POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY